FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- The Mt. Olympus PONY Baseball League is for 5-14 year olds, with divisions being determined by a player’s age as of April 30th of the current year. In order to ensure safety and competitive fairness, kids MUST play in their own age groups, unless otherwise determined by the league’s Board of Directors. Information about each division is included below.
- The season will run April 5 through May 26th (Dates subject to change). Each division (except Shetland) will have a season-ending tournament to determine a league champion. All-star programs for each division (teams to be selected) will run during the months of June and July.
- Every player who registers will be placed on a team. The “tryout” process is for the mustang, bronco and pony divisions. It simply allows coaches to assess each player’s skills so that they can draft them accordingly. The draft system provides the best process by which all teams can be competitive.
- If you have two kids playing in the 9 – 14 year-old divisions, the fee for the younger child is reduced to $95. Fees include: jersey, hat, and socks. Trophies are provided to the top two teams after the playoffs.
- Tryout dates are tentatively set for Saturday, March 10. Look for more information on our website (http://www.olympusyouthbaseball.com)
- There will be approximately 11 games throughout the season. Check the website for game schedules. Plan on two games a week Monday through Thursday. There will be no games played on Fridays unless we have a makeup game.
- There will be 12 players placed on each team. A coach may want to put together a team for the lower divisions (Shetland/Pinto), please indicate on the registration form which coach you will be playing with. The upper divisions (Mustang, Bronco and Pony) will have a tryout to determine placement on a team.
frequently asked questions